Home / Blog / WConnecta becomes a link between the most important European logistics companies

WConnecta becomes a link between the most important European logistics companies

WConnecta confirms the success of its format in Germany thanks to 2550 quick interviews and 625 private meetings in the Cargo Area.

The eighth edition of WConnecta, the most important transport networking event in Europe, took place in Frankfurt on Friday, 6 October. 150 companies assisted at the event for a total of 19 European countries represented and 300 accredited professionals. They had the opportunity to establish new contacts in what has been the first international edition of the event.

Spain, Italy and Poland were the most represented countries by the participating companies, with a 20% each. They were followed by Germany (13%), Portugal (8%) and France (8%). The number of companies offering freights and trucks was pretty much equal. We can distinguish the profile of the assistants by activity, with a 66% of companies working with tautliners and the remaining 34% in the refrigerated transport.

wconnecta-frankfurt-2017-start-successful-in-Germany

The speed networking rounds were confirmed as the main attraction of this edition of WConnecta, with 2550 quick interviews being carried out. The participants had contributed with their DNA throught their registration, indicating what they were looking for and what they could offer. This is why they were able to find a potential partner for starting a collaboration sitting right in front of them every time. 625 interviews were held in the Cargo Area, allowing the logistic operators from all over Europe to have a space for private meetings with transport companies interested in working with them.

It was our first WConnecta and the participants’ willing to find and offer new opportunities for collaboration has been more than remarkable. The event shows that you can do new things and carry out innovative ideas through personal contact. WConnecta offers many opportunities to its participants: the combination of the concept of rapid interviews with those of deeper ones in the Cargo Area has been a great success for us“, says Ina Lünstroth, Responsible of Spain and Portugal routes at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics.

wconnecta-frankfurt-2017-first-edition-international

The decision to move WConnecta to Germany was taken in order to respond to the increasing willing of the organization to attract logistical operators offering loads from Central Europe, as well as carriers from several European countries, in order to diversify the business opportunities of the companies associated with Wtransnet.

We have organized WConnecta for eight consecutive years and this was a great bet for us. Leaving Spain meant almost starting from scratch but the presence of Wtransnet is increasing in Europe and it was necessary to give this opportunity to the companies with a more international profile. Many participants were at their debut, which indicates that the WConnecta model continues to gain relevance“, José María Sallés, Manager of the Wtransnet Foundation, said after the closing of the event.

wconnecta-frankfurt-2017-event-networking-transport

Thomas Henry, JF Hillebrand Germany GmbH Purchasing Manager, explained after his first participation at WConnecta: “We have been a Wtransnet member for just three months and we were really expecting this event. Establishing contacts with new commercial partners has been one of the main reasons to participate in Frankfurt. Our company has come with three people to take the most out of the networking. The sessions has exceed our expectations by far. I’m very curious about the evolution of the contacts”.

The event was not only about networking. Several workshops were organized in the afternoon, where experts in the transport and logistics sector have presented brief conferences related to topics of interest, such as intermodality and certifications.

Our format is clearly aimed at creating contacts. WConnecta is a day of work, but we also wanted to propose an exchange of informations and opinions on interesting topics for the sector“, Sallés added.

Following the success of its first international edition, WConnecta will return to Spain in Madrid in October 2018. It is already possible to pre-register for next year’s event.

Deja un comentario

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *